This day only comes around once a year, and it’s an excellent reminder to thank and spend time with our mother’s. It’s not just a terrific reminder, but our mothers’ deserve to have more than one memorable day a year apart from their birthday’s. Our memories are our finest gifts, and recalling them are easy as saying “I love you mom”, but finding a gift that says how much you care about them is the real challenge. So, we have prepared a list with a few gifts that exemplify the beautiful meaning behind this day — Mother’s Day.
Ahh the joys of being in San Diego: from the laid back vibe of Encinitas down south to the busy downtown feel. No matter how you look at it, San Diego residents are some of the luckiest in the world. Frankly, the weather is better than anywhere else, the beaches are cleaner than those north of it, and—if you are in San Diego right now, you know I’m going to mention it—the burritos might be even better than those south of the border!
If you are in San Diego, you are probably going through some tough time (tough by San Diegan standards, that is). Unless you’re enjoying the swells, the rain might be something to mope about when you are in a city that is supposed to enjoy year-round sunshine. Chances are that you’re twiddling your thumbs looking for something to do.
There are loads of things to do indoors. Here are just a few.
- First things first. I already mentioned my favorite thing to do indoors—EAT! If not for the awesome Mexican food, there are great coffee shops, which are well reputed to warm you up if you are wet and cold, and excellent bars and pubs strewn about. Surely something along these lines will make you forget about how cold it is outside.
- Stay indoors and play games. Monopoly is still king. ‘Nuff said.
- Go online and order gifts, especially for others. You are probably not the only one stuck indoors looking for something to cheer them up. Maybe your mom would like a nice jewelry box. Is your dad a cigar smoker? Perhaps he would appreciate some cigar accessories. Think about things that could be enjoyed indoors, such as a leather desk set or wine accessories. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Have you gotten your Valentine’s Day gifts for your girlfriend/boyfriend? There are lots of gifts for Valentine’s Day available online which can serve the dual purpose of also allowing you to stay indoors, rather than out in the rain searching for presents for Valentine’s Day.
Good luck, stay dry, and think warm!
The time has come, an office gift exchange is on the horizon, and you (like most people) and no clue where to start. Purchasing gifts for co-workers can be very tricky and buying a neutral, universal gift is always your best bet. Often times we are close with co-workers, but given the business aspect of the relationship, true interests/opinions are not revealed and conversations are typically work-related.
The most difficult part is, office gift exchanges are supposed to be secret, so you technically cannot ask your co-worker what he/she likes and dislikes. When such is the case, investigative procedures can be taken. For example, if another co-worker is closer to the person you are purchasing a gift for, slyly ask them what John/Jane Doe would like. It can’t hurt as long as the code of silence is kept intact.
For office gift exchanges, I personally suggest the following useful, functional, long-lasting gifts:
1) Office Desk Accessories
Who doesn’t love a nice desk organizer? How about a slick picture frame? Simple but functional gifts like this can be used for many years and are useful to anyone regardless of age, gender and interests.
2) Cooking/Kitchen Accessories
Now, when the gift exchange comes around, you can consider yourself prepared.
The Memorable Gifts Team
This holiday season, a record number of shoppers will use the internet to locate and purchase gifts for a wide-variety of reasons. With the economy still in a slump, buying gifts online has become a big money saver and helps preserve the environment at the same time.
You may ask: how does purchasing gifts online help preserve the environment? Well, there are numerous reasons:
1) Buying gifts online eliminates the need to physically drive to a mall, store, or other retail venue. By eliminating excess travel, carbon emissions are reduced and fuel is conserved.
2) Shipping companies have pre-defined routes that are created to efficiently and quickly deliver packages without backpedaling. Packages are methodically delivered ultimately reducing excess travel and excess fuel consumption.
3) Purchasing directly from an online source skips the middleman, so products go directly from the factory to your door. This decreases the amount of transportation/shipping needed.
4) Gifts can be purchased and sent directly to the recipient, gift-wrapped and all, which does away with traveling to buy gifts. Less travel means a minimized carbon footprint.
When looking to buy a gift this holiday, try browsing the internet before driving to a mall. Mother Earth will thank you.
If you happen to have questions about holiday gifts, feel free to contact our team at Memorable Gifts – we always love to help. Our website offers a wide variety of Christmas gifts, Valentine’s Day Gifts, anniversary gifts, and any other gift you can think of. We specialize in personalized gifts that can be cherished for years to come.
Purchase any gift from MemorableGifts.com from now until October 31, 2009 and receive 15% off! Simply enter the discount code “eco19” when checking out.