This day only comes around once a year, and it’s an excellent reminder to thank and spend time with our mother’s. It’s not just a terrific reminder, but our mothers’ deserve to have more than one memorable day a year apart from their birthday’s. Our memories are our finest gifts, and recalling them are easy as saying “I love you mom”, but finding a gift that says how much you care about them is the real challenge. So, we have prepared a list with a few gifts that exemplify the beautiful meaning behind this day — Mother’s Day.
Ahh the joys of being in San Diego: from the laid back vibe of Encinitas down south to the busy downtown feel. No matter how you look at it, San Diego residents are some of the luckiest in the world. Frankly, the weather is better than anywhere else, the beaches are cleaner than those north of it, and—if you are in San Diego right now, you know I’m going to mention it—the burritos might be even better than those south of the border!
If you are in San Diego, you are probably going through some tough time (tough by San Diegan standards, that is). Unless you’re enjoying the swells, the rain might be something to mope about when you are in a city that is supposed to enjoy year-round sunshine. Chances are that you’re twiddling your thumbs looking for something to do.
There are loads of things to do indoors. Here are just a few.
- First things first. I already mentioned my favorite thing to do indoors—EAT! If not for the awesome Mexican food, there are great coffee shops, which are well reputed to warm you up if you are wet and cold, and excellent bars and pubs strewn about. Surely something along these lines will make you forget about how cold it is outside.
- Stay indoors and play games. Monopoly is still king. ‘Nuff said.
- Go online and order gifts, especially for others. You are probably not the only one stuck indoors looking for something to cheer them up. Maybe your mom would like a nice jewelry box. Is your dad a cigar smoker? Perhaps he would appreciate some cigar accessories. Think about things that could be enjoyed indoors, such as a leather desk set or wine accessories. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Have you gotten your Valentine’s Day gifts for your girlfriend/boyfriend? There are lots of gifts for Valentine’s Day available online which can serve the dual purpose of also allowing you to stay indoors, rather than out in the rain searching for presents for Valentine’s Day.
Good luck, stay dry, and think warm!
The time has come, an office gift exchange is on the horizon, and you (like most people) and no clue where to start. Purchasing gifts for co-workers can be very tricky and buying a neutral, universal gift is always your best bet. Often times we are close with co-workers, but given the business aspect of the relationship, true interests/opinions are not revealed and conversations are typically work-related.
The most difficult part is, office gift exchanges are supposed to be secret, so you technically cannot ask your co-worker what he/she likes and dislikes. When such is the case, investigative procedures can be taken. For example, if another co-worker is closer to the person you are purchasing a gift for, slyly ask them what John/Jane Doe would like. It can’t hurt as long as the code of silence is kept intact.
For office gift exchanges, I personally suggest the following useful, functional, long-lasting gifts:
1) Office Desk Accessories
Who doesn’t love a nice desk organizer? How about a slick picture frame? Simple but functional gifts like this can be used for many years and are useful to anyone regardless of age, gender and interests.
2) Cooking/Kitchen Accessories
Now, when the gift exchange comes around, you can consider yourself prepared.
There are many times throughout our lives that require a gift to be a purchased, nothing big or fancy, just a nice, meaningful gift. Finding a good gift at a reasonable price is always a dilemma. The common misconception is an inexpensive gift is not worthy, not good enough, but this is absolutely not true. In the end, it’s the thought that counts.
Please find a few scenarios below that are ideal situations for inexpensive gifts:
1) Office Gift Exchange
I’m not sure what it is, but almost every office gift exchange I have participated in requires a gift between $20-$25 and, to be honest, I would always have trouble finding presents.
For the people you briefly see every day, the people you don’t usually think of and the ones that each help you in a small way, these are ideal candidates for cost-effective gifts. The valet man at your office building, the friendly postman, your hair stylist, and the list goes on. All of the people that help you and do so with care and honesty should be rewarded. A small gift, regardless of the cost, means more than no gift at all.
3) Extended Family
Sometimes (it happens to all of us) we have a member or members of our family that live far away, are extremely busy with work, traveling, and anything else life can throw at us. We temporarily loose contact with these family members, and sending them a small gift for the holidays is always an thoughtful move.
For all of you looking for a unique, memorable, cost-efficient gift under $25 — you’re in luck! Memorable Gifts offers a wide variety of gifts under $25 including: Picture Frames, Personalized Pens, Clocks, Business Card Holders, Desk Accessories, Coffee Mugs, Home Decor, Key Chains, Wine Accessories, Letter Openers and much more!
To top things of, purchase any gift under $25, including the above gifts, and simply enter blogoct9 as the discount code to receive 10% off. The sale lasts until 11/09/09 so be sure to jump on it.
Please feel free to give us a call at 800-998-4830 with any questions you may have.
Buying a gift for him — him being a husband, father, brother, friend, co-worker, or anyone else you can think of — involves knowing what the particular person will like. More importantly, finding that special, unique, memorable gift is
usually the biggest challenge. You want your gift to stand out from the crowd and be cherished for many years to come.
Being a man, I have decided to offer insight into the gifts I would absolutely love to receive. These are gifts that have a big cool factor, are very unique, and are sure to create smiles.
1) Engraved Ambassador Glass Water Set - Be it bedside or boardroom, one will find plenty of uses for this essential 17 oz. water set.
2) Brown Leather Croco Watch Case — If I had this I would finally have a place to put my watches, necklace, and other nicknacks.
3) Engraved Chrome and Black 4-Piece Bar Set on Wooden Stand – Choose a wine gift that is truly unique with this chrome and black bar set, which will surely be a conversation piece.
4) Personalized Hourglass — This is an excellent addition to any desk/shelf and adds a cool factor to one’s office space.
5) Contemporary White Enamel Shaving Set – This white enamel shaving set will make a sophisticated addition to any washroom.
6) Grill Master BBQ Gift Set — I myself am a huge cook, and when I saw this gift I knew I had to have it. For all of your outdoor cooks, this is a dream come true. Truly the Client Eastwood of BBQ sets.
7) Engraved Golfer Bookends — Looking to buy a gift for a golfer? Well, you have met your match. These engraved bookends are ideal for golf fanatics.
8) Manhattan Cocktail Case — For brunches, picnics, a day by the pool, or any occasion now that I think of it, the Manhattan cocktail case is an all-inclusive party in a box. One of my favorite gifts for him.
9) Engraved Poker Gift Set — For all of the poker players out there, this is an ideal gift that will definitely be used.
10) Vulcan Tailgating Set — Get the party started right with this mini kitchen on wheels. Comes with all sorts of accessories including a propane grill and grilling utensils, plus it doubles as a large insulated beverage holder. Too cool if you ask me.
I hope this article has been helpful in providing information from a man’s perspective and will hopefully help you find a special gift for him.